Flow meter for large pipelines. Requires no cutting of pipe or shutdown.
Insertion Type Electromagnetic Flow Meter is the best solution for water flow measurements in immense diameter pipes. Most reasonably priced compared to its counterpart in full bore dimension or ultrasonic measurement.
Fairly good accuracy of measurement (typical 1% of flow rate) can be achieved with little care in the installation of probe and transmitter. The electric conductivity of liquid under measurement can be as low as 20 micro Siemens /cm. Being insertion type there is virtually no pressure loss.
Extremely useful where an old full-bore electromagnetic flow meter is not working on a large pipeline, as it is difficult to remove and replace. An insertion-type flowmeter can be easily fitted on a running pipeline with the hot tapping method. There is no need for a pipe shutdown. The insertion type is cost-effective as well.
The technique called as “Pulsed DC” is used which offers very high zero stability and accuracy of measurement. The standard current output of 4-20 mA DC is provided which is linearly proportional to the volumetric flow rate.
- Available for different line sizes from 200 mm to 2000 mm.
- Typical accuracy of ± 1% (Best accuracy in it’s class)
- Best suited for irrigation and water supply departments,public service and utility departments.
- Water Supply
- Public Services & Utilities
- Effluent Treatment Plants
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Sugar Industries & Distilleries
- Food & Drugs
- Measurement results are independent of density, viscosity, pressure, temperature, solid impurities, and conductivity variations (above 5 µS/cm).
- Excellent long-term stability using pulsed DC magnetization and the auto-zero technique.
- No additional pressure drop across the meter
- Compatible with virtually all corrosive or non-corrosive liquids
- IP-68 class of protection offered for sensor and IP-67 for transmitter
|Mounting||Insertion type with Isolation Valve|
|Line Size||DN 200 to DN 1500|
|Electrode MOC||SS 316|
|Media Pressure||10 Kg/cm2 max|
|Flange Mounting Assembly||SS 304|
|Insertion Probe Material||SS304|
|Velocity Range||0.1 m/s to 2 m/s|
|Transmitter Mounting||Remote / Integral|
|Communication||RS 485(default) / RS 232(optional)|
|Data Logging||5850 number of readings can be logged|
|Power Supply||230Vac, 50Hz, Single Phase, ± 10%
110Vac, 50Hz, Single Phase, ± 10%
24Vdc ± 10%
An insertion-type electromagnetic flow meter is a device used to measure the flow rate of conductive fluids (such as water) in a pipe. Unlike inline meters, it is inserted into the pipe, making it suitable for larger pipes where installing a full-bore meter may be impractical.
- Suitable for larger pipe sizes.
- Easy installation and removal for maintenance.
- Minimal disruption to the flow process during installation.
- Cost-effective solution for retrofitting existing pipelines.